The Cornerstone Bank Scholarship
Submissions will be accepted starting January 5, 2022.
We are honored to help 2022 high school graduates throughout our community pursue higher education and foster advancement in the fields of business and finance. This scholarship is open to 2022 high school graduates who are planning on attending an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education as a full-time student and anticipate studying business or the financial field.
Cornerstone Bank will award fifteen $2,500 scholarships to students throughout the community who best demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities, and community involvement. The recipients will also best demonstrate how the study of business or finance relates to their career goals.
Criteria to Apply
- The student must be a 2022 high school graduate.
- The student must reside within 25 miles of a Cornerstone Bank branch or office.
- The student must anticipate being a full-time student at an accredited, degree- granting institution of higher education.
- The student must anticipate studying in a business or financial field.
- The student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
- The student must submit an official transcript and GPA from their guidance office.
- The student must choose one of the below prompts and submit a one-page typed essay.
- Are there any challenges you have had to overcome in your high school career?
- What are your goals for the future, and how will this scholarship assist you in meeting them?
Deadline, Submission, and Selection
- Applications must be submitted or postmarked to Cornerstone Bank by April 8, 2022. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please submit your application using our online submission form.
- Selected recipients will be announced by the week of May 23, 2022.
- Once recipients have been selected, they will need to submit a photo, a photo release form, and a small “about me” blurb to be featured on our website and social media.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds
- Cornerstone Bank will award the scholarship at the recipients 2022 class day or graduation ceremony.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed to the student after successful completion of the 1st semester, with passing grades, and upon presentation of an official copy of the 1st semester transcript and 2nd semester bill.
- Tuition statements and transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Cornerstone Bank Scholarship Committee; P.O. Box 370; Southbridge, MA 01550
- Make sure to attach your essay, transcript, and any additional documents.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please expect to receive information regarding your registration and additional financial education information at the email address you provide on the application.