Students in Central Massachusetts can apply now.
Cornerstone Bank, a community bank with 12 locations throughout Central Massachusetts, will be awarding fifteen $2,500 scholarships to students in the area it serves. Cornerstone Bank is hoping to help local 2022 high school graduates pursue higher education and foster advancement in the fields of business and finance. The scholarships will be awarded to students who best demonstrate achievement in academics, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
“Every year we look forward to reading the applications submitted by the seniors in our community,” said CEO Todd Tallman. “Each one of them is so inspiring and we are humbled to be a part of helping them achieve their goals. We hope these scholarships help alleviate some of the financial burden involved with a college education and allow these future business and finance leaders get a start toward their careers.”
To apply for a scholarship, the student must:
- Be a 2022 high school graduate
- Reside within 25 miles of a Cornerstone Bank branch or office
- Anticipate being a full-time student at an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education
- Anticipate studying in a business or financial field
- Demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities and community involvement
- Submit an official transcript and GPA from their guidance office
In addition, the student must choose one of the following prompts and submit a one-page typed essay:
- Are there any challenges you have had to overcome in your high school career?
- What are your goals for the future, and how will this scholarship assist you in meeting them?
Applications must be submitted to Cornerstone Bank by Friday, April 8, 2022. Please apply though the online submission form. Selected recipients will be announced by the week of May 23, 2022. Scholarship funds will be disbursed to the student after successful completion of the first semester, and upon presentation of an official copy of the first semester transcript and second semester bill. For more information, and to complete the online application form, please visit cornerstonebank.com/scholarships.