Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing SpencerBANK as your trusted financial partner. We’ve got some big news! As you may have already heard, SpencerBANK and Southbridge Savings Bank plan to join together and rebrand as Cornerstone Bank as of June 12, 2017, and we will be introducing a new Bill Pay service.
To accommodate for this merger and Bill Pay enhancement, all SpencerBANK locations will be closed on June 10 & 11, 2017, and Online Banking & Bill Pay will be unavailable during the below timeframes noted.
We remain committed to providing you with banking convenience and are pleased to announce that our Online Banking & Bill Pay service will have a fresh new look and significant Bill Pay enhancements. To ensure a smooth transition, please visit our Merger FAQs to learn about important facts that pertain to you, our customer, and view our Bill Pay tutorial.
If you are enrolled in QuickBooks or Quicken, please see the Necessary Steps to modify settings for a smooth conversion.
Please review and follow the steps outlined below. Please note that there is a potential for delayed delivery for payments that have send on dates from 6/9/17 to 6/12/17.
Before Thursday, June 8, 2017:
- Reschedule Bill Pay Payments: Bill Pay payments scheduled to be sent from 6/9/17 to 6/12/17, will need to be rescheduled with a delivery date prior to 6/9/17 to avoid delayed delivery.
Friday, June 9, 2017:
- Bill Pay Services: Bill Pay services will not be available from 2:00pm on June 9, 2017 until 9:00pm on Monday, June 12, 2017.
- Online Banking Services: Online Banking services will not be available from 5:00pm on June 9, 2017 until 9:00pm on Sunday, June 11, 2017.
Monday, June 12, 2017 (9:00pm):
- Access to New Bill Pay Services: You will have full access to the new Cornerstone Bank Online Banking & Bill Pay service by late evening.
- Direct Payments to Another Account: Upon access to our new Bill Pay service, you will now have two options for making direct payments to another account:
- Payment Center: This payment option will continue to be available, however, payments will be processed as a check—please modify payment dates to allow for adequate delivery time to avoid delay in payment.
- Pop-Money®: This new, personal payment service allows you to send or receive money from anyone in the U.S. with just an email address, mobile number or account and routing number—Check it out!
- Funds Availability: With this upgrade, you will have the ability to select a funding account when processing a payment for each biller/payee; however, please check to ensure there are sufficient funds in the account on the “Deliver By” date as the payment will be sent without verification of funds availability.
- Payee Address Information: Please review to ensure most current payee address information is on file.
- Pay From Account: Prior to processing a payment, ensure correct “Pay From” account is selected. The “Pay From” account will default to last previously used account once a payment has processed.
- eBills: Upon upgrade, in order to take advantage of these new features, you will be required to re-enroll in any eBills that you previously had set up. Re-enrolling is easy! Just click the “Get eBills” link next to the biller/payee name and enter the information request and click “Add.” Then Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Submit.”
The Bill Pay enhancement offers new and improved features, such as flexible scheduling options and payments scheduled by a “Deliver By” date rather than “Send On” date, and much, much, more. We hope that you will take advantage of all the new features that will make viewing and paying your bills online with us even easier!
Please note that all of your Bill Pay scheduled payments and payees will convert to your new service along with one year of bill payment history. However, please take a moment to review all of your information to ensure it is accurate.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-939-9103 during regular banking hours.