Cornerstone Bank is committed to supporting causes that improve the quality of life for the residents of Central Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The Bank frequently makes donations of cash, goods, or services to local schools, civic groups, and church groups in the communities it serves.
All parties requesting financial support from the Bank must complete a Charitable Donation Request form. The completed form should fully explain the nature of the contribution being sought and include all requested documentation. The Charitable Donation Request form is available in Bank branch offices and on the Bank’s website; all required documentation should be submitted to the Bank following the directions provided below.
- The organization must also be a 501(c)(3) or non-profit organization.
- Requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event to give proper time to evaluate the request.
- Complete proposals include a description of the organization, its mission and major accomplishments, and a list of current board members and key staff.
- Nonprofit organizations should submit their tax-exempt letters from the Internal Revenue Service with their contribution requests.
- Complete proposals will be considered monthly by the Charitable Donations Committee.
- Incomplete proposals or those with deadlines within 30 days of submission may not be considered.
Preferential consideration is generally given to requests where the following apply:
- The recipient is a local community organization in Central Massachusetts/Northern Connecticut.
- Money donated will be spent in Central Massachusetts/Northern Connecticut.
- Money donated will directly benefit the residents of Central Massachusetts/Northern Connecticut.
- Money donated will benefit a significant group of people (as opposed to a single person).
- The Bank receives recognition for its donations.
The Bank does not make charitable donations to for-profit organizations. For-profit organizations seeking sponsorship may submit requests which will be evaluated by the Bank on a commercial basis for the advertising and marketing benefit such sponsorships would provide to the Bank.
In order to accommodate contribution requests, the Bank may choose to donate promotional items that could be used by the requesting party.
Completed Charitable Donation Request applications and supporting documentation may be submitted by mail, fax or email:
Attn: Charitable Donations Committee
P.O. Box 370 Southbridge, MA 01550
Fax: (508) 764-4324